NI & Ulster Road Relay Championships 2018
We are pleased to invite you to the 2018 NI & Ulster Road Relay Championships, incorporating the NI Masters Athletics Association Relay Championships.
The event will take place on Saturday 6th October and will once again be held in Victoria Park, Belfast and hosted by Orangegrove AC.
*** Information below is from the previous year’s event and is subject to change***
Senior & Master Races – Pre-Registration online with payment using above link.
Junior Races – Pre-Registration online using above link with payment on the day.
Primary School Races – No Pre-Registration online with payment on the day.
Pre-Registration will close on Saturday 30th September at 5pm. This lead time before the event is required so we can get the required number of chips ordered and make other preparations.
Important information for the day
GETTING TO VICTORIA PARK
Ideally get a lift or car share with as many people as possible.
- You can drop people off in the lay-by before the over-head footbridge near City Airport on Sydenham Bypass (150m from Victoria Park, no steps)
- You can travel by train via Belfast Central to Sydenham train halt (300m from Victoria Park over footbridge)
- Alternatively you can also take the Metro 3A bus from City Hall to Sydenham train halt (300m from Victoria Park over footbridge)
If you can’t avoid travelling by car or private bus some car parking is available:
- At Airport Road (new entrance to park via Sam Thompson Bridge, opposite Shorts main gate (10mins walk, no steps)
- Topaz Energy have made their car park next to the Sam Thompson Bridge available for the event. This would be the largest parking facility available on the day.
- Only disabled parking is available in Victoria Park. Anyone else will be turned away. Once again we are discouraging parking on the streets around Victoria Park to reduce congestion and disruption for the area’s residents. It is important to respect this especially if we wish to hold events in the future and we are grateful for your continued cooperation.
A number of food vendors will be present selling a selection of hot food and drinks for spectators.
Refreshments (sandwiches, tea/coffee, buns etc) will be provided for relay runners and volunteers by Orangegrove AC – this year runners must present their race numbers and volunteers must present their volunteer lanyards.
Portaloos and a new toilet block with disabled access with be available.
Please remember to take any litter home with you.
REGISTRATION FOR RACES
As we have a schedule of 9 races to run on Saturday teams or runners not registering before cut-off time will not be allowed to start so allow for extra travel time to and from the designated car parks and try to make registration opening times rather than cut-off times.
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. for Primary School Races
- 10:30 a.m. until 11:15 a.m. for u13
- 10:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. for u15
- 10:30 a.m. until 11:45 a.m. for u17
- 11 a.m. for Senior and Masters relay team races (Ladies Masters first, closing 12:15 p.m.)
- Team Captains must collect the Declaration form, complete it and return it to registrations no later than 15 mins before race starts
Please note that this year all relay runners are chipped
Clubs are free to bring their gazebo/tent, please let us know if you intend to do so. On arrival at the park please see the Head Marshal for details regarding placement. Also, it is vital that all gazebos/tents are firmly and safely secured so please ensure you bring enough pegs and guy ropes etc with you on the day.